Prefer to talk?

Sometimes it helps to discuss your requirements with an expert. Set a callback request and one of our team will call back at a time that suits you.

Call me back

If it has more than 6 seats, you're on your way to a cheaper deal

Get a better minibus insurance deal with the UK's specialist broker.

Backed by the some of the leading insurers, you can be sure you'll get great cover together with big savings.

There are plenty of good reasons to switch your cover to Staveley Head today:

Get a quote

Your minibus insurance questions answered

[+] Do I need a PCV licence to drive a minibus?

To drive a minibus with 9-16 seats you will normally need to hold a PCV category D1 or category D licence. There are certain exemptions, and we recommend you thoroughly check the legal requirements before proceeding to drive a passenger carrying vehicle.

We will do all that we can to ensure you meet these requirements before issuing your insurance policy, but the responsibility ultimately rests with you to make these checks.

[+] Can I use my minibus for social use as well as public or private hire?

Sometimes even the most spacious MPV isn't adequate for some larger families. We therefore have exclusive schemes available for domestic use.

Of course, if you do use your minibus for hire and reward you will automatically be covered to use the vehicle for social, domestic and pleasure purposes.

We must point out that licensing authorities differ in their approach to unlicensed drivers using a licensed vehicle, and we would strongly recommend checking with your own local authority beforehand.

[+] Can I pay for my minibus insurance in monthly instalments?

All of our minibus insurance policies are available with a monthly instalment option.

A small administration charge will apply, and we insist on payment being made by direct debit.

[+] Do you offer short term minibus policies?

Whilst there is an emergence of short term car insurance providers, our minibus policies are all 12 month contracts.